Many Mold Test USA customers have expressed common concerns about mold symptoms and the possible health risk involved with mold, especially with what is known as black mold.
Most experts agree there are eighty thousand to one hundred thousand different kinds of mold. The good news is not all molds and mildews are toxic molds, but all molds are allergens and have the potential to cause adverse health effects. Although certain mold species are toxigenic (poisonous through inhalation), pathogenic (agents of disease) or carcinogenic (cancer causing), all molds can trigger allergic reactions.
There is a common misconception among many people that mold and common health concerns are not related. In reality, mold is responsible for many health issues. Most people are familiar with the termblack mold and know this particular type of mold is very dangerous. Currently Mold Test USA has two separate wrongful death cases in litigation due to black mold.
Prolonged exposure to mold can cause symptoms such as: headaches, vertigo, asthma, respiratory problems, throat and lung irritation, infections, skin irritations and rashes, sore burning eyes, fatigue, nausea, flu-like symptoms, anxiety, depression, memory lapses, sinus issues and allergies.
Mold produces toxins called mycotoxins. We now know mycotoxins are extremely hazardous to your health, especially when airborne. This is why you should never wipe off mold if you can see it. Inhalation of toxic molds can result in liver or central nervous system damage and even cancer. In some cases, mold can grow in the lungs.
Did you know that in order to become an environmental physician an additional two years of medical school are required? Most physicians are trained to treat the effect not the cause. This is why many general practitioners struggle to cure mold related illnesses. Allergic reactions to mold are common but not everyone is affected the same. People diagnosed with allergies and asthma may be very sensitive to mold. Mold can actually cause asthma attacks.
Infants, children, the elderly, pregnant women, patients with existing respiratory conditions and immune deficient individuals are especially susceptible. Unfortunately, mold ailments can easily be misdiagnosed. In some cases, this can result in severe illness and even death.
*Tips from “THE MOLD BROTHERS“
A child’s immune system is not as developed as ours and often what you may think may be a common cold could very easily be mold symptoms. Mold does not need to be in your home for this to occur. Remember, they are at school for seven to eight hours, five days a week.
If you have been previously exposed to mold for a long period of time, it is likely you will be more susceptible to mold symptoms in the future.
If you have been sick for a long period of time and your physician cannot figure out why, there is a chance your symptoms may be caused by your exposure to mold. Call us today to determine if you’re living with mold.